[Mailman-Users] Obscuring Email Addresses In The Archive

Steve soapy3 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 20:58:47 CEST 2008

Hi;

I'm running an email list that is on GNU Mailman 2.1.9..

In the distant past I have had trouble with disgruntled readers going
into the archives to harvest email addresses so that they could rant
to people off list.

I don't want to shut innocent people out of the benefits of the archive.

I was wondering if I could further obscure the email addresses in the
archives.  Perhaps removing everything after the "@" symbol?

The GNU Mailman software is run for me on a server that I do not have
access to, so a solution that I could implement from the admin
interface would be preferable.

Thanks!