[Mailman-Users] Why am I being ignored???

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat May 24 18:22:00 CEST 2008

On 5/24/08, Terrence Brannon wrote:

>  I posted this
>  <http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg49373.html>
>  and basically the whole list is having other discussions like I never
>  even posted...

I didn't respond because I basically don't have any answers for you.

There's the standard stuff in the FAQ about large qrunner processes
and the command-line programs, but your situation seems to be a bit
different from what they're talking about, so it didn't seem relevant
to me to refer you to those FAQ items.

At this point, all I can suggest is that you either wait longer for
bin/discard to do it's thing, or you manually remove the relevant
files with rm.  Of course, you'll probably want to do that while
Mailman is shut down, and you'll want to move aside and remake all
relevant subdirectories because once a directory has gotten large
(like tens or hundreds of thousands of files), it will never get
smaller again and that will always hurt directory access times from
that point forward.

In other words, basic sysadmin stuff.