[Mailman-Users] sharing administrator passwords

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Mon May 26 10:19:53 CEST 2008

This isn't exactly what you're asking for but...

I have a mere 5 MM lists.  I use the same password for 4 of them and then
use Firefox to access the interfaces.  FF remembers the password for each
site for me.  As long as I'm on the same computer as before, it just lets
me in after a password confirmation page (filled in for me).  Your site
simply has to not interfere with this function.

What is a pain for me to remember is the link to get to each interface.  I
use a custom page for my new window/tab page in FF.  It has them listed so
I can click and go.

My method doesn't work if you have to share your computer and can't risk
having passwords in there.  And using the same password doesn't work if you
have different combinations of people co-administrating the lists.  It's
also something the individual has to set up, as opposed to you providing a
solution for your users.

I do like your idea though of having one main account per person which will
then give you allowed access to all the lists you own or moderate (and
subscribe to).  Don't know how doable it is though...

Cyndi