[Mailman-Users] sharing administrator passwords

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Wed May 28 12:59:18 CEST 2008

On 5/28/08 5:22 AM, Charles Marcus at CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com wrote:

> On 5/27/2008, Brad Knowles (brad at shub-internet.org) wrote:
>> The site admin password can be used to administer any list on the
>> system.  If you turn on the appropriate option in the mm_cfg.py file,
>> you can even set it up so that you log into one list with the site
>> admin password and you don't even have to provide a password to log
>> into any of the other lists -- the cookie set by the first password
>> login will be recognized by all the other lists.
>
> Wow, that would come in useful for me... what option is that?

ALLOWS_SITE_ADMIN_COOKIES. Set it to Yes in mm_cfg.py.

>From my empirical testing, the site admin password must be different than
the list admin password (as a sole administrator for my system, I had them
the same). If they're the same, it appears Mailman determines it to be the
list password and never gets to the site password test and there never sets
the site admin cookie.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com