[Mailman-Users] Queued mail

Brad Knowles brad at python.org
Thu May 29 23:53:32 CEST 2008

Melinda Gilmore wrote:

> Is there any mailman setting that you would need to verify if you were going
> to shut the server down, to make sure mail is queued.   We use postfix with
> mailman 2.1.6

No, there is no such setting.

Postfix should queue everything it can't deliver to Mailman and refuse to
accept any more mail if it's own local queues are full, and the remote end
should then queue the messages.  Anything that can be delivered to Mailman
while the Mailman queue runners are shut down will be put into a Mailman
queue, to be processed once Mailman comes back up.

There's queues all over the place.

--
Brad Knowles <brad at python.org>
Member of the Python.org Postmaster Team & Co-Moderator of the