[Mailman-Users] Configure Repy-To header for confirmations

Dennis Putnam dap1 at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 3 00:39:00 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Dennis Putnam wrote:
>

> The implication is exactly what I said above. The aditional implication
> is that a reply which is addressed to
> list-confirm+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx... at ... has to be delivered the same as
> if it were addressed to list-confirm at ...

Then that won't work either.

> Since Mailman doesn't use mailbox delivery, why do you have an issue
> with these names at all?

I don't have a static IP. I have to create mailboxes on my ISP's server.
Then use fetchmail to retrieve the messages. This means the mailbox has
to be pre-defined to my ISP then I have fetchmail map that to the actual
list mailbox in mailman.

> I'm not convinced you even need to do this. How does your MTA actually
> deliver to Mailman?

The MTA that delivers to mailman is postfix but as I said above, the
issue is that I have to use fetchmail. As far as mailman is concerned it
is indeed going to list-request so the actual address used by list
members is transparent to mailman. That is why I need to munge the
Reply-To header for confirmations.