[Mailman-Users] Spam to "mailmain" list oddity

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Nov 4 14:49:37 CET 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 02:25:41PM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Actually, that specific alias wouldn't account for the (Postfix ?)

Perhaps, I'm an Exim user not Postfix, so not familiar with it.  The
alias file was delivering the mail to users-owner@ so it would make
sense, though.

Removing the alias did resolve my issue.  But once I removed the alias
I had a ton of mail in "defer" status in the mailmain list.  So, I
ended up with more junk!  I set the "mailman" list to discard all
non-member postings (which is everything).

I hope that doesn't break anything?  I can never remember what exactly
IS the purpose of that "mailman" list, anyway.  What's it used for?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org
Sent from my iMutt