[Mailman-Users] Configure Repy-To header for confirmations

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Nov 5 01:30:20 CET 2008

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>Thanks for all this effort. I chose MailList.patch2.txt. Unfortunately I
>did get errors:
>
>patching file ./MailList.py
>Hunk #1 FAILED at 75.
>Hunk #2 FAILED at 190.
>2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file ./MailList.py.rej
>
>Note that there is no file ./MailList.py.rej.

The patch command didn't actually create the rejects file because of
the --dry-run option.

>All I changed
>(intentionally) was the 10 to a 13. I've attached the patch file just in
>case I inadvertently messed something up.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, if the base listname is 13
characters long, say abcdefghijklm, then abcdefghijklm-request (and
maybe abcdefghijklm-unsubscribe) is OK, but if it is 14 characters
long, say abcdefghijklmn, then you want abcdefghijklmnrej. That's what
the 13 in the patch means.

I don't know why the patch is failing. What Mailman version is this?
Can you send me (off list) a copy of MailList.py?