[Mailman-Users] Problems with Mailman/Exim4 mailinglists for certain senders

Nicolas Neuss neuss at math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Nov 5 13:13:23 CET 2008

Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> writes:

> Nicolas Neuss wrote:

> Sounds to me like your aliases aren't set up properly.
>
> What do you actually get in your log files on your machine?  Check both
> your Exim logs and your Mailman logs.
>
> Without this kind of information, you're flying blind ... into a Category
> 5 hurricane ... in the Alps.  And you're probably in an unpressurized
> aircraft which isn't rated for that altitude, much less heavy weather.
>
> The question now is -- do you have your instrument rating, or are you VFR
> only?

:-)

Thank you for the nice analogy.  Indeed, I have no IFR rating (translation:
know very little about MTAs, Python, and configuring Mailman).  Therefore,
I decided that I need ground help.  And hints as the above about aliases or
Mark Sapiros post are very important for me.

I guess that the problem is indeed what Mark Sapiro wrote, because the two
names are indeed a peculiarity of my setup.  Tomorrow, we (I and our domain
administrator) want to try changing the names for the server.  I'll report
back, if it does (or does not) help.

Thanks to everyone,
Nicolas Neuss