[Mailman-Users] Mailman is no longer gatewaying news...

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Mon Nov 10 19:07:25 CET 2008

Hello...

I did a quick search of the mailing list archives and did not see any
thing related to this, so I'm sorry if this is a double post.

I have been running Mailman 2.1.7 for almost two years with out a
problem.  I have a mailing list named Sendmail which has the NNTP
gateway configured to gate to the comp.mail.sendmail news group, which
has been working fine for a long time.

About a month ago the gatewaying has stopped working.  I've been busy
and seeing as how I'm the only user of the mailing list I have not made
it a high priority.  Everything else about Mailman seems to be working
just fine (I have a list of about 2,500 subscribers that is working just
fine).

I've not had to really /work/ on Mailman before as it seemed to /just
work/ and not need any thing.  So I'm at a bit of a loss as to where I
need to look.  I don't see any thing in the news gateway log file.  Nor
do I see any thing pertinent any where else that I've looked.  I can say
for sure that Mailman is connecting to the news server and issuing the
"mode reader" command and selecting the news group and being told how
many messages are in the news group.  It appears as if Mailman is just
not downloading any news postings from the news server to be gatewayed
in to the mailing list.

Can any one give me any idea on where to start looking to trouble shoot
this problem?

Grant. . . .