[Mailman-Users] "create a new list" web interface

Jewel jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Sat Nov 15 00:40:18 CET 2008

Everything is working now! I am able to create a list via the
interface.  I read a thread where someone disabled SELinux, then
re-enabled it, and then rebooted and it worked for them. Sure enough it
worked for me too.  Not sure why.  I am still wanting to know about the
aliases though.

Thanks!

jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu wrote:
> By diabling SELinux altogether it worked.  My only question is regarding
> what you said earlier, the working was a bit confusing for me:
>

>>> Then you need to remove any mailman aliases from /etc/aliases or
>>> whereever they were before if not
>>>
>> /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases, and
>>
>>> run 'postalias /etc/aliases' (or wherever to update the
>>>
>> corresponding> .db file.
>>

> I have alias_maps pointing to both /etc/aliases ad
> /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases.  Currently both alias files contain all
> of my lists.
> So do I need to remove the "mailman" instance from the /etc/aliases file
> or all lists?  If I create a new list using the web interface it will
> should update both aliases or just the data/aliases? I apologize I am
> not understanding.
>
> Jewel

>>> relay=relay.washburnlaw.edu[198.252.9.211]:25, delay=0.18,

Jewel Makda
Student Computer Services Coordinator