[Mailman-Users] listname-bounces@

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Nov 18 08:13:07 CET 2008

Brad Knowles writes:

 > VERP is available on Mailman 2.1.5, but it does have to be enabled in the
 > configuration file, before you can actually see the option in the web admin
 > UI for your list(s).

OK, so that probably was a deliberate decision and won't fly on his ISP.

 > Which is actually the problem here, since the OP is on a shared server and
 > they're not likely to allow him to enable VERP since doing so would make
 > everyone else capable of doing the same thing, and that would probably just
 > *bury* the server performance.

Well, maybe if it's not advertised and he asks pretty please with
whipped cream and cherries on top and promises cross my heart and hope
to die to keep it secret, the List Czar at the ISP will change it only
for his list(s) from the CLI.  Weak, I know, but it *could* work ....

Good luck!