[Mailman-Users] listname-bounces@

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 18 18:13:03 CET 2008

Michael Welch wrote:

>Right, that must be because this list's Sender: header does not look like a real email address. I wonder why ours are different.

This thread has been well covered. I just want to add a couple of
things:

As mentioned in other replies, the difference in the 'bounces' address
is that it is VERP like on this list and not on yours.

Also, enabling Mailman's VERP on all list posts will not necessarily
stop people from replying to the VERPd address, but it will stop your
seeing their replies because VERPd bounces are never "unrecognized".
Also, if they do it often enough, they will be disabled by bounce
processing.

Finally, as alluded to in another reply, this is probably not "users"
replying to the -bounces address because they see it in a header.
Rather, it is more likely to be user's MUAs. See
<http://wiki.list.org/x/RoA9>.