[Mailman-Users] Mailman Site Admin email Problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Nov 19 16:23:05 CET 2008

Sean Murphy wrote:

>Mailman used to send me an email as the "site admin" that a new list has
>been created.  I use the web interface to create new lists.  This email
>had the aliases I needed to add to the /etc/mail/aliases file in the
>body of the email.   I have upgraded Mailman months ago but didn't
>notice that I had not been receiving this until now as the lists were
>already setup.
>
>I know I can run the genaliases command to get the same output but I
>fear I am not seeing all of the mailman site admin email.
>
>Is the email sent from a python script to an alias? is it specified in a
>config file?

This mail is only sent if MTA = 'Manual'. If you have MTA = 'Postfix'
or MTA = None in mm_cfg.py, no aliases mail will be sent.

When sent, the mail is sent to mailman-owner at ... (or whatever the name
of the site list is). You can test if this mail is deliverable by just
mailing anything to that address.