[Mailman-Users] Duplicate posts to earthlink.com

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Thu Nov 20 08:37:14 CET 2008

On 11/20/2008 01:33 AM, Brad Knowles wrote:
> Have you seen several sample messages, so that you can do a comparison
> and contrast between the supposed duplicates?  In my experience, when
> you look closely at the Received: headers, you usually find that the two
> messages are literally identical with identical headers, queue-ids,
> etc... up to a point.  Beyond that point, they diverge.  And that's the
> place where your duplicate was created, so now you have a pretty good
> idea who to go whack.

If my logic is correct, it should be the last server (Received: header
closest to the top of the message) that received the message that was
not duplicated.  If the two examples share one Received: header and then
subsequent (closer to the top) are different, it is the server that
generated last common Received header that is causing the duplication /
sending the message multiple times.

Grant. . . .