[Mailman-Users] Attachment URL in the archive is mangled.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 23 05:50:54 CET 2008

Mark Dale wrote:

>I also noticed that with the new Scrubber.py, emails with attachments
>were neither delivered nor archived. Emails without attachments were okay.

There is probably some incompatibility between the 2.1.9 Scrubber.py
and the rest of your installation that threw an exception on mail with
attachments. Check Mailman's error log and shunt queue.

>Once I returned the original Scrubber.py and restarted, emails with
>attachments got delivered and also sent to archive. (Broken link to
>attachment still in archived message though).

I have been able to duplicate the problem with the 2.1.5 version of
Scrubber.py. I'll try to come up with a simple patch that you can
apply to fix it. It is fixed in recent Scrubber.py versions.

The issue is as I thought. The scrubbed message is quoted-printable
encoded, but the Content-Transfer-Encoding: header says 8bit and not
quoted-printable so the message is not properly decoded for the
archive.

In my case, I could see other symptoms of this besides just the URL of
the scrubbed attachment. For example, the "-- " separator before my
signature was rendered as "-- =" followed by a blank line.