[Mailman-Users] How to configure mailing list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Nov 24 04:27:18 CET 2008

webmaster at glug4muz.org wrote:

> I want to configure mailing list on my domain glug4muz.org. For this
>first of all I created an email account with address
>mailing_list at glug4muz.org. Then for testing purpose I sent a mail to this
>email account from my personal email account pankaj at glug4muz.org. And the
>mail was received in the email account mailing_list at glug4muz.org. Then I
>created a mailing list from cpanel with name Mailing_List on the same
>domain.

User Mailboxes and Mailman lists can't have the same name.

See <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9> for info about cPanel support.

>You can even visit the
>administrative section of this mailing list at the URL
>http://glug4muz.org/mailman/admin/mailing_list_glug4muz.org/ with the
>password ...

I have changed your list password. I will send it to you privately. I
suggest you never again post a list admin password to a public mailing
list unless you want your list to be hijacked by spammers.