[Mailman-Users] Stored attachments in /var/lib/mailman/archives/private

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Nov 28 22:53:34 CET 2008

on 11/26/08 11:44 AM, win_tho said:

> I'm using mailman in combination with Plesk. Now I discovered, that mailman
> stores all attachments under
> /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/<maillist_name>, but the archive-function
> of Mailman is disabled in every single list.
>
> My Question: Why does mailman store all these filen,

Presumably because Mailman under Plesk is configured to do that.  But
for more information on that subject, you need to talk to your Plesk
administrators or your service provider.  We can't help you with any
issues that relate to Plesk.

See <http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+and+Plesk> for more info
on this subject.

>                                                      respectively is there
> any way to delete these attachments automaticly?

Talk to your Plesk administrator and get them to turn off this function?

Set up a cron job to periodically purge this directory?