[Mailman-Users] msg_header / archives / reply to

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Oct 3 09:32:34 CEST 2008

See <http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+and+CPanel>.

> Considering that Mailman is GNU GPL I find it hard to believe that, so I am
> trying to find out what to tell my provider to do exactly.

They hacked the code that we provided, and they haven't shared those
changes with us.  Therefore, we can't really tell you what they changed
or why.  If you have any problems with cPanel, you need to first go to
your provider, who should be able to answer your questions.  If not,
then you should use the other cPanel resources, such as their forums and
mailing lists.

There's not likely to be much we can do to help.

> All in all I have the impression that virtually all but the most basic
> functionality is disabled.

For all of the questions you have, you need intensive support by the
people who run the systems.  They're the only ones who have access to
the log data you need, etc....  If they are not providing you the
support you need, then your choices are fairly limited:

	1.  Find another provider who will support you.

	2.  Decide if you can live with the problems.

>                                  My hosting is cheap (I am setting up for a
> non-profit organisation so little choice!) and I suppose they want to save
> system resources and avoid risks, but since I will have no more than 75
> known subscribers I wonder if their underlying settings could be changed per
> hosting account.

There are inexpensive hosting providers who will actually provide
support.  Some of them even participate on this mailing list.  I suggest
you take a close look at them and decide whether it makes sense to
switch to a different provider.