[Mailman-Users] Default cahrset for 'de' to ISO8859-15/UTF-8?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 3 17:48:37 CEST 2008

Stefan Förster wrote:

> I wonder if there are any plans to change the default charset for the
> 'de' locale of Mailman to anything else than ISO8859-1, because this
> charset cannot even represent our current currency symbol.

There are no short term plans to change character sets, but if you were
to publish a bazaar branch with your changes (on launchpad or elsewhere)
and post a note about it to the mailman-developers at python.org list so
that the possible implications such as for German speaking Swiss users
could be discussed, we could easily pick your changes up.

Longer term, Mailman is moving to full unicode internally and utf-8
encoding.