[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribe after just one hard bounce

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 5 00:04:27 CEST 2008

Edward Salm, PhD wrote:

>Do you mean that setting bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings to 0 should do the
>trick?
>
>Well, I ran a test, using a bogus email address, and it has not. The address
>is still in the membership list, with nomail checked, reason [b].

I am saying that if bounce_score_threshold <= 1.0 and
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0  at the time that mail is sent to
a member and that mail bounces, the member will be immediately
unsubscribed.

Perhaps this member already had delivery disabled by bounce when you
set bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0. Even if this was the case,
the member should be removed by cron/disabled after just
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval days.

In fact, even if bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings > 0, the members will
be removed after (bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval X
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings) days as long as cron/disabled is
being run daily.