[Mailman-Users] reply-to header

Karen R McArthur kmcarthu at bates.edu
Fri Oct 10 17:20:28 CEST 2008

On default setup, I currently have:

first_strip_reply_to = False
reply_goes_to_list = 1
reply_to_address = ''

My list server fqdn: mailman.bates.edu
I would like the reply-to to go to this fqdn
(listname at mailman.bates.edu), but it gets stripped to listname at bates.edu

As far as I can tell, sendmail is not rewriting my headers.  I have
tested sending email through the sendmail CLI and the entire header
arrives as sent.

As a second puzzle, when I change reply_goes_to_list = 0, reply-to
header is still going to the list ...

I have exported the config_list and compared in both instances to
confirm these settings.

--
Karen R. McArthur <kmcarthu at bates.edu>
Systems Administrator

If you find that everybody else is right and you're wrong,
it might just be that you're thinking outside the box. The
world is yet to catch up.