[Mailman-Users] Editing the default forward address for heldmessages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 16 21:20:19 CEST 2008

Hendrik Maryns wrote:

>I was wondering whether I (administrator) can change the default forward
>address for held messages.  Most of the time these are spam, so I want
>to forward them to submit.NwbMYM2xVUl39XPL at spam.spamcop.net.  Right now,
>the list's address is pre-filled-in there.

It should be the listname-owner address, but in any case, it's hard
coded in Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py and can't be changed by list
configuration.

In any case, it's probably not a good idea to forward directly to
spamcop or other services from the admindb inderface because the
forwarded message is wrapped as a message/rfc822 part in an outer
message with Subject: Forward of moderated message and all other
headers unrelated to the original message.