[Mailman-Users] Problem Migrating Mailman to New Server

Dennis Putnam dap1 at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 19 15:30:10 CEST 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Dennis Putnam wrote:
>
>> I am installing a replacement server and am having trouble migrating
>> Mailman. The installation works but none of my lists show up when I use
>> the browser interface. However, when I run 'list_lists' from the command
>> line they are there. Is this a config issue with just the HTML interface
>> or is there something else fundamentally wrong?
>>

> See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/lYA9>.

Thanks for the reply but I've already been there. That does not seem to
be my problem. All the config files were copied from the working server
as is (the mm_cfg.py file is correct). The new server has exactly the
same hostname and IP address. The only (intentional) difference, other
then the hardware, is the underlying OS (Mandriva Free 2007 Spring
replacing Mandriva 2007). I suppose it is possible that this version of
Mandriva put the Mailman files someplace different then the previous
version (why it doesn't follow the standard is beyond me) but so far I
have not found any other location with config files. I think Mailman
needs a command that lists all the file paths it is using.