[Mailman-Users] adding users to MailWatch

Dave Filchak submit at zuka.net
Sun Oct 19 22:04:18 CEST 2008

Why is it that when you add a domain administrator for a particular
domain, you get the following error when they try to look at or add to
the white or black lists:

Username is not in the correct format to use this utility.

For instance, I gave him the username of: domainuser with a password
(not his actual email password). This allows him to log into MailWatch
and see the mail and quarantines for his domain. However, he gets the
error noted above when he tries to access the lists. If I change his
username to domainuser at hisdomain.com, it allows him to access the lists
but retrieves no rows from the database, even though there is mail
quarantined. The other weird thing is that, even though he can access
the lists, the format is wrong i.e. @domainuser at hisdomain.com rather
than @hisdomain.com.

What am I missing?

Dave