[Mailman-Users] HTML to TEXT but still see ATT

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Oct 22 16:51:20 CEST 2008

John Whitney wrote:

>I have followed the instructions to strip HTML messages, but there's
>still an issue. Outlook users receive their footers as attachments.
>This is not the case with webmail clients, like Google.
>
>Is there a way to insure that the footer is included? I hate Outlook,
>but there are many corporate types that are forced to use it.
>
>My settings are (2.1.9.cp2): filter_content = yes, filter_mime_types =
>empty, pass_mime_types = empty, filter_filename_extensions = (standard
>list), pass_filename_extensions = empty, collapse_alternatives = no,
>convert_html_to_plaintext  = yes, filter_action = discard.

First of all, this is cPanel. It is known that cPanel has modifications
that affect footers, so this is probably a cPanel issue that we can't
resolve. See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.

Second, the content filtering settings you have make no sense. They say
for example that a multipart/alternative message with a text/plain
alternative and a text/html alternative will be converted to a
multipart/alternative message with the original text/plain alternative
and a second text/plain alternative converted from the text/html
alternative.

It would make much more sense to either set

collapse_alternatives = yes

or

convert_html_to_plaintext = no