[Mailman-Users] mailman + postfix + Debian -> does not deliver any messages

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Oct 23 17:15:27 CEST 2008

Bruno Guimarães Sousa wrote:

> *#profs-val "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post profs-val"
> #profs-val-admin "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin profs-val"
> #profs-val-bounces "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces profs-val"
> #profs-val-confirm "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman confirm profs-val"
> #profs-val-join "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman join profs-val"
> #profs-val-leave "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman leave profs-val"
> #profs-val-owner "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner profs-val"
> #profs-val-request "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request profs-val"
> #profs-val-subscribe "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe profs-val"
> #profs-val-unsubscribe "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe
> profs-val"

So you commented out all the aliases in question?  That won't work very well.

> Mailing lists always worked for me creating them like this. But this time,
> when i restarted mailman, it showed me an error message and filled "/"
> partition with files in /var/lib/mailman (i don't know which files are
> these). Then "/" partition had zero of free space and postfix stopped
> working well.

Yeah, that's a totally separate problem.  You need to make sure the machine
is configured correctly and working correctly, before we have a chance of
hoping that Mailman will operate correctly.

> After i reduced disk usage, mailman is up and postfix is delivering messages
> fine. The problem is that none of the mailing lists are working, neither the
> 2 new ones nor the old ones.

Try un-commenting the aliases, rebuild the alias file, then restart Mailman.