[Mailman-Users] Migrating a list from Yahoo to MM

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Fri Oct 24 06:06:04 CEST 2008

Mike Maughan said the following on 10/23/08 11:35 PM:
> Morning all,
>
> I have a long-standing list on Yahoogroups that I want to move to MailMan.
> I can export & reimport the users OK but I would like to also transfer the
> message archive.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions, please?

Do a google for yahoo2mbox.. it's a perl script that can harvest
archives off of a yahoogroup. (It can take a while, since it paces
itself so you don't end up getting blocked out of yahoo.)

I've been using it for a while, and it works quite well (and since it
downloads into mbox files, you can import the archives into MM.

Good luck!
Best,
--Glenn