[Mailman-Users] Blocking a person from getting a single email

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Oct 24 17:12:24 CEST 2008

Kevin Rector wrote:

> I've checked the documentation and it seems like this is the best plan
> but I'd thought I'd get y'alls input.

Hmm.  Sounds about like:

	If we hold our mouth right, and we hop up and down while
	spinning in a triangle-wise manner, and throat-sing
	"Hava Nagila" while drinking ten gallons of the worst rot-gut
	Tequila, we think this will work.  But we wanted to check
	with you.

I wouldn't recommend either procedure for any particular purpose, and if
you're on a University campus and you're trying to get someone else to do
something like this then you might get arrested for "hazing".

For what you want to achieve, why not just set up a separate mailing lists
with all the same subscribers (except the intended victim), closed archives,
and a different listowner password?

There's still a number of different ways that things could leak out of that
idea, but at least it's got a few smaller holes than depending on the victim
not reading the archives, no one else responding to the message after his
delivery is turned back on, etc....