[Mailman-Users] Command output: local: fatal: execvp /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman: Permission denied )

jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Mon Oct 27 22:41:21 CET 2008

When I create a new list and put my email address, I do receive a
confirmation.  I can deliver mail as root also from my server.  Once I
try and post to the list is when nothing happens, just a bounce back
saying the "Connection is refused." The only clue I can see if the
following in my maillog:

Command output: local: fatal: execvp /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman:
Permission denied

I read the above error means postfix does not have permissions to access
the mailman wrappers.

Before I post this question to a postfix listserv, I wanted to confirm
my permissions were correct.  Here is what I have for
/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman:

-rwxrwsr-x  1 mailman mailman 16887 Oct 15 09:10 mailman

My aliases.db file is owned by root.

I am running...
Red Hat 5.1
Postfix 2.3.3
Mailman 2.1.11

Also, when I run check_perms - f as root it says "no problems found"

Jewel