[Mailman-Users] Feature reqeust for wiki.list.org - short URLs

Stefan Förster cite+mailman-users at incertum.net
Tue Oct 28 10:28:20 CET 2008

Hello world,

first of all, the Mailman wiki at http://wiki.list.org/ is really very
helpful. I've come to find it's structure very clean and easy to
understand. Especially the FAQ part is very, very helpful and saved me
lots of time when trying to troubleshoot a problem.

But - there is one thing about the length of URLs. Let's consider for
example (long line incoming):

http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/4.16+How+do+I+prevent+duplicate+copies+of+email+coming+to+the+list

If I click on Tools -> Info, the wiki presents me the shorter URL:

http://wiki.list.org/x/eoA9

Do you think it's possible to modify the wiki code as to present this
shorter URL on every page so that one could copy the short link
without having to call Tools -> Info?

Cheers
Stefan