[Mailman-Users] Messages shunted with "TypeError: decoding Unicode is not supported"

Josh Clark jclark at globalmoxie.com
Tue Oct 28 20:46:45 CET 2008

Thanks again, Mark, this is all *very* appreciated.

> I'm interested in how many of these addresses are u'...', and how
> they got to be that way.

Of the 1639 e-mail addresses, 349 are u'...' I don't have any great
ideas about what might be out of the ordinary about my installation.
I've never made any mods to the Mailman scripts. I *have* used custom
html templates (charset=utf-8), but I don't think that this would
affect the character encoding on the server side, would it? If you'd
like to take a look:

However, the majority of subscriptions come via a script that I set up
to send subscribe commands via email to the list. It accepts an email
address in a web form and sends it along as a subscribe command to
moxiemail-requests. Here's a sample (with domains changed to
example.com):

------