[Mailman-Users] many problems

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Fri Sep 5 02:32:29 CEST 2008

> Jan Steinman wrote:
>
> >> And I will add that EMWD seems to be the only Mailman hosting
> company
> >> I know of that actively participates on this list, which I think
> >> speaks well for them.
> >
> > You mean "the only Mailman hosting company of significant size."
>
> I did say "... that I know of ...".  ;-)
>
> > I'm a purposely-small service provider that includes Mailman and
> > Wikipedia in my website hosting. I specialize in artists and
> > non-profits. (Demographic selected for their vast financial
> resources,
> > ripe for the tapping... NOT! :-)
> >
> > You might discover there are a lot of "lurkers" on this list who are
> > "hosting" in the broadest sense of the word.

That may be so but in general the hosting industry has taken a bad attitude
(or just plain old indifference) of sorts towards mailman users, which we
make it clear we do not participate in. Hence our active participation (at
least sometimes) on this list in supporting and promoting mailman.

Regards,
Brian