[Mailman-Users] Senddigest error on list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 9 23:02:44 CEST 2008

Daniel Ojo wrote:

>Has anyone come across this error message. I am getting this error
>message on one of my lists.
>I have google and can't come up with anything substantial.
>
># /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
>    main()
>  File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
>    mlist.send_digest_now()
>  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in send_digest_now
>    ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
>  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 132, in
>send_digests
>    send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
>  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 306, in
>send_i18n_digests
>    msg = scrubber(mlist, msg)
>  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 262, in process
>    size = len(payload)
>TypeError: len() of unsized object

This looks like Mailman 2.1.5 (or earlier). The current release is
2.1.11.

This particular error was fixed in 2.1.6 with the attached
Scrubber.patch.txt.

The comments in the patch may help you find and fix the offending
message in the lists/listname/digest.mbox, or you can just apply the
patch and restart Mailman.