[Mailman-Users] Base64 encoding?

Jim Garrison jhg at jhmg.net
Thu Sep 11 04:20:59 CEST 2008

Jim Garrison wrote:
> Does Mailman ever take a message that it received in plain
> text form and re-encode it in base64 (leaving the mime type
> as text/plain)?
>
> This just happened to a message I sent to a private list for
> which I am the admin, and I'm trying to pin it down between
> Mailman and Postfix.  I composed the message in Thunderbird,
> and the source of the saved outgoing copy (in the Sent folder)
> is plain ASCII (not base64-encoded).  I am subscribed to the
> list so I get a copy of whatever is sent, and the copy
> received from the server IS base64-encoded.

Additional info.  I re-sent the message to myself through the
MTA directly and it came back in ASCII, not base64.  Since the
Mailman instance and MTA both run on the same machine, the
only difference in the second case is not going through
Mailman.

--
Jim Garrison (jhg at acm.org)
PGP Keys at http://www.jhmg.net RSA 0x04B73B7F DH 0x70738D88