[Mailman-Users] Customising the look of the subscriber login andarchive pages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Sep 13 00:37:44 CEST 2008

Rachel Mawhood wrote:

>I have customised the html of three pages - general list information,
>user specific options, and subscribe results - to have the same look
>and feel as the rest of the client's web site.  It appears not to be
>possible to do the same to the subscriber login and archive pages -
>is that correct?  (I need to be able to explain this, when the client
>realises this and wants to know why these pages are still in the
>default Mailman blue and white.)

The archive pages are built from templates and can be fairly easily
customised. They can't be customised from the admin GUI, but see
<http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9> and realise that when you customise one
of the 4 templates editable via the admin GUI, what you are doing is
making a list specific version of the template in
link. The archive templates have names arch*.html and article.html.

The user options login page is more complicated as it is built on the
fly, not from a template. You can change the colors by referring to
the section

#####
# Web UI defaults
#####

in Defaults.py and then overriding those settings you wish to change in
mm_cfg.py. Note that these are site wide changes.

You can make other sitewide changes with fairly straightforward code
modifications. See the thread "changing Mailman layout" starting at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-August/062979.html>
for example.