[Mailman-Users] Moving to a new server

RobG sledder at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 02:11:54 CEST 2008

Howdy!!

We've been running Mailman for years (about ten)... upgraded through the
years, finally ending up with 2.1.3 on an OLLLLLD copy of Red Hat Linux
(pre-Fedora).  But that server died recently.

Now we have a shiny new server with a fresh copy of Fedora 9, and
Mailman 2.1.9.  I did manage to save the entire old Mailman directory
(/home/mailman in that case).

The version we have now was installed during the server setup, so it
lives in /usr/lib/mailman.

I've moved over the various lists/ and data/ and other directories that
didn't already exist.  I've run bin/check_perms -f to fix the
permissions.  I updated our mm_cfg list with the changes we made (what
few there were).  We're running Postfix as the mail transport.

BUT, so far, the new installation of mailman doesn't recognize the lists
we have.  I'm guessing there's a config file or something somewhere that
needs to be modified (or copied over from the old installation) for it
to work.  Or, is there a different way I should be doing this?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Rob