[Mailman-Users] (pipermail versus ...) To join aconversationfromthe web interface

Edward Harvey eharvey at lyricsemi.com
Thu Sep 25 02:48:42 CEST 2008

> Edward Harvey wrote:
>>
>> Not sure how much of this you like / agree with, but here's an
>> example
>> of how I like to obscure things like that:
>> 	http://nedharvey.com/pipermailconfig.html
>

> Thanks for the suggestion. One comment on your page - I don't think
> the
> list reply mailto should be obscured even if
> ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS = YES. Doing so leads to no links at all
> with a non-javascript enabled browser.

I respect your need to support all browsers.  Personally, I'm not
worried about it.  I don't know of any non-javascript supporting
browsers except as specifically chosen by users or policy.  In which
case, I'm sure they're accustomed to webpages that don't work
properly, or they have some alternate way to access my pages ... or
they aren't accessing my pages at all.