[Mailman-Users] Trying to Solve AOL Redaction Problem for HTML Emails

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Sep 25 17:31:28 CEST 2008

Lloyd Tennison wrote:

>             Is there anything that followed this 2005 posting, as this
> would definitely solve people's problem with redaction from AOL, etc. by
> allowing HTML in the footer.

You don't need HTML in the footer to keep them from redacting it.  At least,
not currently.  The last we were told, they were not redacting any sensitive
information in the footer, but of course that will change as soon as the
lawyers discover that there is sensitive information in the footer.

> Unless of course someone has written a script to read the email and pull the
> id from the mail logs...  But no one has said they have, as of yet.

See that URL I posted.  I believe there are some tools there.