[Mailman-Users] 2 mailman installs one one system?

Pieter Donche Pieter.Donche at ua.ac.be
Wed Sep 24 12:49:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a multiuser SUN Solaris system.
A user had already installed the mailmain software in his own
home-directory with
./configure  --prefix=/symrt/inf/lore/mailman --with-username=lore
--with-groupname=winf

I try to install a central mailman system, but would like not to touch
to the installation from the user.

I use the defaults /usr/local/mailman, username=groupname: mailman
Installation is OK up to /bin/checks_perms

But the next thing is to edit the Apache httpd.conf file.

Here I seem to be stuck.
I have to define the  Alias  pipermail  and the  ScriptAlias  mailman
But there are already pointing to the users' installation:

# UA Change
     # This Alias provides access to the archives of the mailman mailing
list
     Alias /pipermail/ "/symrt/inf/lore/mailman/archives/public/"

     <Directory "/symrt/inf/lore/mailman/archives/public">
         Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
         AllowOverride None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /home/wins/inf/lore/mailman/cgi-bin/

Is there a workarround ?

Pieter