[Mailman-Users] 2 mailman installs one one system?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 25 21:10:18 CEST 2008

Pieter Donche wrote:

>Here I seem to be stuck.
>I have to define the  Alias  pipermail  and the  ScriptAlias  mailman
>But there are already pointing to the users' installation:
>
># UA Change
>     # This Alias provides access to the archives of the mailman mailing
>list
>     Alias /pipermail/ "/symrt/inf/lore/mailman/archives/public/"
>
>     <Directory "/symrt/inf/lore/mailman/archives/public">
>         Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
>         AllowOverride None
>         Order allow,deny
>         Allow from all
>     </Directory>
>
>ScriptAlias /mailman/ /home/wins/inf/lore/mailman/cgi-bin/
>
>Is there a workarround ?

Are these all the same domain? If not, you could handle this with
VirtualHost in apache. Even if they are the same domain, you could use
different ports for the two Mailman instances and set the non-standard
port in mm_cfg.py with

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:<port number>/mailman/'

and use a VirtualHost for the port in apache.

Or, you might be able to move the user's lists to the 'central'
instance and have only one.