[Mailman-Users] Mailman password reminders

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 2 23:22:33 CEST 2009

Chris Nulk wrote:

>I know I can stop password reminders from going out to list members by turning off the reminders in the list configuration.  I also know I can comment out the cron entry for mailpasswd to stop it for all lists.  In addition, I know I can send reminders using mailpasswd  to a specific list(s).  But, can I exclude sending reminders to specifics lists with mailpasswd.  What I would like to do is send the normal monthly reminders to most of our lists.  There is a small group of lists that I want reminders to be sent to but on a quarterly/yearly basis instead.
>
>Can I do this using mailpasswd or some other way?  Or should I pull out the big hacking sword, close my eyes, and have a go at mailpasswd?  And, does anyone really want to see the results if I do?

I don't recommend the hack away with eyes closed method, but it
shouldn't be too difficult to add a -x/--exclude option to mailpasswds.

On the other hand you could do something like

#!/bin/sh
excludes=`cat /path/to/lists/to/exclude`
for list in `/path/to/bin/list_lists --bare` ; do
  skip=0
  for xlist in $excludes ; do
    if [ $list == $xlist ] ; then skip=1 ; fi
  done
  if [ $skip == 0 ] ; then
    /path/to/cron/mailpasswds -l $list
  fi