[Mailman-Users] Soft bounces....

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Apr 3 16:04:45 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Charles Gregory wrote:

> Yahoo expects me to respond promptly to 5xx bounces, disabling any
> subscriptions, otherwise it starts generating 'greylist' 4xx bounces for my
> mail. Unfortunately, if I try to lower the bounce threshold, the now-daily
> occurence of 4xx bounces guarantees that all yahoo addresses will end up

This doesn't quite make sense, because 4xx isn't a bounce. It's a delay code
to your mail server to try again later.

sendmail, by default, generates a warning back to the sender if it hasn't
been able to deliver it for 4 hours, and that notice MIGHT be interpreted as
a bounce, but that's the only thing I could think of.