[Mailman-Users] Moderator and Admin emails not being sent...

Todd Giles todd.giles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 23:03:11 CEST 2009

> It appears that the problem is that your alias for sandia-owner is
>
> sandia-owner:  "|/home/gileszone/mailman/mail/mailman post sandia"
>
> instead of
>
> sandia-owner:  "|/home/gileszone/mailman/mail/mailman owner sandia"
>

> Thus mailman sends the notice to sandia-owner and instead of being
> received as a message to -owner, it is received as a post and
> discarded as being a post from a non-member.
>
> You would probably do well to check all your aliases.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  Finally tracked down my
issue.  My aliases were set up properly, problem was I had a custom rewrite
rule in sendmail going on to forward all emails in the form
user-anytexthere at domain.com to be directed to the address user at domain.com.
 Thus, the emails sent to sandia-owner at domain.com were being forwarded
instead to sandia at domain.com.

I've re-written my rules to only forward emails from actual users on my
domain in that form, and to not do any rewriting of the email address for
other emails.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction of thought!

-Todd