[Mailman-Users] Soft bounces....

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Apr 7 07:48:30 CEST 2009

on 4/6/09 10:38 AM, Charles Gregory said:

> Personal, Commercial, Listmail. I can see their point. If listmail tries
> to send mail to a 5xx address for a couple of days, that 'lowers the
> reputation' of that IP more than when a personal mail gets a 5xx and the
> human sending it doesn't send any more mail to that address....

How do you know what is personal and what is commercial?  I assume you
can detect what is listmail by looking at the message or certain other
factors....

> This is the second postfix capability (the other was 'separate queues')
> that has been referenced that I find interesting. Could you kindly point
> me to a decent manual/doc/faq for either of these? Particularly
> adjusting sending IP according to sender address would be VERY cool....
> (Or please reply personally if you think a quick reply would suffice. I
> don't want to clutter the list with OT material).

Basically, you're looking to set up special postfix transport maps.  A
couple of examples are discussed at
<http://www.postfix.org/QSHAPE_README.html>, but I'm sure the
documentation, the FAQ, and the archives of the postfix-users mailing
list would have a lot more examples that might be more useful to you.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out