[Mailman-Users] setting up the mailing list

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Tue Apr 7 17:42:25 CEST 2009

On 04/07/09 10:02, Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant) wrote:
> As I collect incoming emails and then contact information,
> demographics associated with those sending me email, I'd like to have
> that other information accessible, not just their email and name.

Ok...

> What would one use to maintain a contact list, with more than just
> name and email address? Is there any sort of Act or Saleforce for
> linux platform? I have used SugarCRM, but wonder if there's something
> more basic.. Something I could run from GUI or from command line.

I don't know of any packages like Act or Saleforce (though I'm sure that
something exists).  I tend to use Thunderbird's address book (and Sync
Kolab) to have this type of information on multiple Linux and Windows
systems.

However this is out side the scope of Mailman and as such Mailman will
likely never store much more than it is.

Grant. . . .