[Mailman-Users] System Utilization (top)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 9 19:52:06 CEST 2009

Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

>For sometimes long periods of time, it seems, ten or twelve httpd's and
>python's stay at the top of top, almost totally crippling the system.
>
>Is this normal?  Should I reconfigure something?

Check your web server logs to see what http requests are being
processed at this time

possibly, some list admin is screen scraping the list admin interface
of multiple lists to build a membership list. It really could be
anything, but since httpd is involved, the first step is to see what
it's trying to do.