[Mailman-Users] mailman with mysql/maildrop

Jonathan Nichols jnichols at pbp.net
Wed Apr 8 23:10:46 CEST 2009

Greetings!
	I must preface this by noting that I have in fact Googled for this
but have not found any solutions that work. I have an Ubuntu box
(Hardy) and have a mysql/postfix setup as documented in the Flurdy
howto found at http://flurdy.com/docs/postfix/ ... but I also have
maildrop in the mix. It seems to work ok, except with mailman. I added
mailman last night and now I'm getting the following error when I try
to send to list addresses.

status=bounced (user unknown. Command output: ERR: authdaemon:
s_connect() failed: Permission denied Invalid user specified. )

Now, I realize what the error is telling me. It's having problems
finding the user. I have the users in a mysql db, and the structure
looks like the following:

http://www.pbp.net/~jnichols/images/sql_output.png

Should I put something for the mailman addresses in there as well? I
can do that, since I don't have that many lists.
If not, is there another way around this? I did try just telling
postfix to look at another transport map, but maildrop is still
involved and it's looking at the mysql db.

(otherwise, everything else seems to be working.. it's just this part
that I'm getting hung up on!)

cheers,
--
jon