[Mailman-Users] Strange admindb GUI issue.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 10 05:26:38 CEST 2009

Brendon Lloyd wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem:
>
>I recently migrated mailman from version 2.1.7 to 2.1.12, and most of
>the admindb GUI appears to work, however, when I attempt to accept held
>messages, nothing happens after I click on "Submit All Data". I just see
>the same form, with no error message or notice that the message has been
>accepted.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/ioA9>. Most of what's in that
FAQ is applicable even though you are not being asked to
reauthenticate.

>I've run the check_perms script and fixed any permissions issues.
>
>I've also used: "./withlist -l -r fix_url $list -u $newdomain" to switch
>the domain of the old lists to the new one, and I've run "make install"
>with the older data, lists, and archives files in place, and that
>appeared to make some changes to the older dirs to be compatible with
>2.1.12.
>
>I've checked my /usr/local/mailman/logs/error logs and see nothing. I've
>also checked my apache error logs and my system logs.
>
>In the absence of a quick fix for this problem, can anyone point out a
>good way to set mailman to a greater level of debugging, so that I can
>gather more clues as to why this won't work?

Mailman has little in the way of debugging level controls. If you get
to the point where you really need to know more than is available in
existing logs, you need to add aditional logging statements at the
source level.