[Mailman-Users] Sending bulk mail (400,000 users)

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Apr 18 09:54:10 CEST 2009

on 4/17/09 11:45 PM, Phoenix Kiula said:

>> Yes. It's called "Full Personalization"
>
> How can I enable it?
>
> I went into the mailman in cpanel and did not find this setting in the
> "Non Digest" section.
>
> Then I read the faq - http://www.list.org/faq.html - and there's no
> information on "full personalization".

The FAQ has been moved.  We need to clean up those old links.  The new
location for the FAQ is
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Frequently+Asked+Questions>.  If you
use the search function for "personalization", you should have the
answer as it applies to the standard version of Mailman as we provide
from <http://www.list.org/download.html>.

However, note that cPanel has made some changes to the code they ship.
See FAQ 6.11 at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9> for more information.

> If cpanel uses an old version of mailman, or if it blocks the "full
> personalization" feature, how can I manually enable it in the config
> file or somethng?

That's really a question you need to be asking your service provider.
They're the ones who installed cPanel, and they should have those
answers for you.

I will tell you this -- I don't think you're going to handle anywhere
remotely close to the number of users you're talking about with a cPanel
installation.  If you want to get those levels of performance, you're
going to need a more customized installation and you're going to need to
have full privileged access to the server and the MTA, as well as full
site admin access.

Either that, or a service provider who is willing and able to do all
these things for you -- and anyone running cPanel is highly unlikely to
fit into that picture.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out